Someone sent me this error message that they had received today (while working in some Windows application). Needless to say, I couldn’t say I’d seen this one before, but I did get a good laugh.
This one drove me crazy for a while…and the solution is even wilder. So hopefully, this will help someone.
If you are working on PowerPoint slides and you find that your words are somehow splitting onto new lines, you can follow the below steps to correct this.
- Close PowerPoint
- Navigate to Start –> Programs –> Microsoft Office –> Microsoft Office Tools –> Microsoft Office Language Settings
- Add Japanese (don’t ask why, just do it)
- Navigate to the slide master. Navigate to Line Spacing (or Line Breaks) in your menu (or ribbon)
- You will notice a tab for Asian Language support. Uncheck the second check-box (Allow Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word).
- You’re all set.
- Navigate to Start –> Programs –> Microsoft Office –> Microsoft Office Tools –> Microsoft Office Language Settings and remove Japanese if you’d like.